Zoom.us integration for live video chat?

Started by kaysharpe, April 24, 2018, 10:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysharpe

I use hxxp:zoom.us [nonactive] for webinars and group chat meetings. I'm looking for a way to integrate that with SMF somehow. Is that even possible?

To be clear, I'm looking for a way to incorporate LIVE video chat into my forum. I do not need a way to incorporate pre-recorded videos.

Failing that, is there a similarly-featured replacement for Zoom that WOULD work?

Thanks for helping me out!

vbgamer45

I do not know of any prebuilt system. SMF does have api's and if zoom.us has apis it might be possible tie them together.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

unlikely to ever happen, even if possible...

I'm not sure it is even possible - if so, it would have to be a kludge of API -- because zoom appears to be a hosted service.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kaysharpe

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2018, 10:38:11 AM
unlikely to ever happen, even if possible...

I'm not sure it is even possible - if so, it would have to be a kludge of API -- because zoom appears to be a hosted service.

Yes, Zoom is a hosted service. I don't know of anything that's similar that is self-hosted (if you do I'd love to know!)

I don't know a lot about API's. I sort of have a vague notion of how all of that works (and I have a notion that much of my notion is probably wrong and I'm not afraid to admit that!)

Kindred

you'd have to hire a programmer...   I'd guess this would cost somewhere in the realm of 500-1000 to develop...
(and no, I am not a programmer and could not do it)

incidentally, this one looks fairly interesting
http://mconf.org/
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kaysharpe

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2018, 02:05:52 PM
you'd have to hire a programmer...   I'd guess this would cost somewhere in the realm of 500-1000 to develop...
(and no, I am not a programmer and could not do it)

incidentally, this one looks fairly interesting
hxxp:mconf.org/ [nonactive]

Yeah, I wish that was in the budget right now. Maybe someday!

I'll check it out ... thanks so much!

Advertisement: