News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

permission error when replying by email: not allowed to post

Started by pll, April 24, 2018, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pll

We have installed these 2 mod:
SMF Mailing List
SMF Notify Proup

While an admin can click reply in her email program to post a reply to a topic, a normal user can't.
One gets the following error message:

You are not allowed to post replies even to your own topics in this board.

I checked the with mod's developer. He looked at the debugging file and said that the error message comes from the SMF part.

But I checked all the permissions, played with them and it just doesn't work, even though one has the permission to post and reply to any topics.

Any idea? Thank you.

Illori

Kindred

also - since post by email is not a standard feature, you would need to ask the mod author for help in the thread (or site) dedicated to supporting that specific mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pll

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2018, 02:09:49 PM
also - since post by email is not a standard feature, you would need to ask the mod author for help in the thread (or site) dedicated to supporting that specific mod.

We did already and he said this is a SMF permission problem. But I reviewed all the permissions and the user is allowed to post and reply.

pll

sorry, I mistakenly posted in the wrong SMF version (should be in SMF 2.0.x).

Kindred

that is not an acceptable answer from the author...

there may be a configuration issue with your permissions for posting...  but the mod author should be able to tell you HOW to configure the proper posting permissions within the SMF system

Since this is not a default feature and most of us do not use it we have no idea how he's checking permissions or what permission might be getting triggered by his mod.
(quite honestly, the entire mod is a serious security risk, IMO and I would never use it, as designed on any site of mine)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pll

Thank you kindred for your answer.
The mod author is pretty responsive and we are working with the settings of his mod, but his solution is not really acceptable for us ...

Advertisement: