Private info on user profile page. Need suggestion

Started by filip_b, April 25, 2018, 03:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filip_b

Hello, I am looking for this mod for days with no success.
I have a small company forum on SMF 2.0.15 with about 50 users. What I need is a simple place somewhere on the board (maybe profile page) where can I post info for each and every user individually.
Every user see different message, only admin/mod or user which I choose can update this info. Only user see that information. This is how I see it but it cal also be a private note page, or something else. The point is only user can see it only admin/mod can update it.

Shambles

Check out the Breeze mod - it may do what you require.

Also check that mod's support topic as there are several enhancements possible with minimal code changes.

filip_b

I have used https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=788 and it looks promising but I don't want to let user edit, only admin or mod should edit that field

Kindred

Why not just use a custom profile field (which is a core feature)?

Set it to be visible to user, editable by admin

done.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on April 25, 2018, 10:10:58 AM
Why not just use a custom profile field (which is a core feature)?

Set it to be visible to user, editable by admin

done.

a mod will not be able to edit that info though.

Pipke

setup a board with users rights only read and not posting(like as guests , you can copy these permisions!) then add the modertors you need to that board, then post your info content in there as topics.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Kindred

That would allow users to read the info about other users...  and would not associate the info directly to specific user accounts.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: