News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Allowing users to post .MOV files.

Started by Drakkon, April 26, 2018, 02:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakkon

Is there a mod or a way to let users upload .mov files and other type of video files?

I'm mainly talking about video files people have on their phones, android and ios.

vbgamer45

As an attachment? Is that what you are looking?
If so check your attachment and avatar settings and make sure .mov is allowed
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Drakkon

I meant like if there was some type of form mod. Wouldn't uploading video files directly to the forum cause too much strain? Thank you for the reply.

vbgamer45

It shouldn't depending on size. You can always use a video hosting file that post a link to that video host.
I have an embed media mod that supports many video sharing sites
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Drakkon

If I enable video attachments, they still won't even play on the post directly like an embedded video, right?

vbgamer45

Yeah you would need another mod to play them directly I believe there is one on the modsite

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Drakkon

I'm sorry for the bother but can you please help me locate the mod? I haven't had success.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Drakkon

Thank you for that.

I'm having an issue when I upload an mp4 file. Even though I added the mp4 extension when I try to upload an mp4 file it doesn't go through. I tested uploading an mp4 to a post and then it it just takes me to a "Create new topic" window.

vbgamer45

How big is the file.
You might have to increase your php limits read more at https://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,3498.0.html

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Drakkon

I increased it and it works fine now. Thank you. I still want to be able to let users upload videos from their iphones which are in mov format. Is there a mod that you know of that allows for it to be streamed directly in the post like the mp4 one you showed me?

vbgamer45

They should be able to. Just use the attachment option when making a post

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Drakkon

If I upload an MP4 attachment and with the play media mod the video plays directly in the post, but if I upload a mov attachment it just posts the attachment download. Is there a way to have it play directly in the post too?

vbgamer45

I would talk to the mod creator about that.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Drakkon

Advertisement: