SMF Development > Feature Requests

This must be a valid email address information on the registration page in 2.1

(1/3) > >>

jsx:
Hi,

Think about it, to add information on the registration page in SMF 2.1 about the need to provide a valid email address. Many people give a fictitious email.

Example:

Email Address:
This must be a valid email address.

In phpBB, if I select the activation function via email in the registration, this message will appear automatically on the registration page:

--- Quote ---Please note that you will need to enter a valid email address before your account is activated. You will receive an email at the address you provide that contains an account activation link.
--- End quote ---

Maybe you will add the same function? Think about it.

Study Force:
I have something like that on my website currently (https://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=register, although I found over the years its best not to have an activation feature because these days many emails are flagged as spam, even ones that are not. So you lose many potential members due to frustration. My advice is to make it easiest as possible.

jsx:
I understand it, but on my forum I prefer to have account activation by clicking the link.

It would be good if this information appeared in the registration. This is a suggestion.

--- Quote ---Email Address:
--- End quote ---

Study Force:

--- Quote from: jsx on May 01, 2018, 03:24:57 PM ---I understand it, but on my forum I prefer to have account activation by clicking the link.

It would be good if this information appeared in the registration. This is a suggestion.

--- Quote ---Email Address:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Completely agree. I got the sense you were asking how its done, my bad!

GigaWatt:
I'd say, the simplest solution would be to add additional text in the registration template (of your forum's language).

Example. Original text:

--- Code: ---$txt['email'] = 'Email Address:'
--- End code ---

Modified text:

--- Code: ---$txt['email'] = 'Email Address (must be a valid one):'
--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version