SMF 2.1 beta3 Database Error

Started by i-SPN, May 01, 2018, 04:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i-SPN

I failed to run smf 2.0 with postgresql on freebsd jail, then I succeed to run smf 2.1 beta 3 with postgresql on freebsd jail. But find some errors. This thread I only post the delete draft error:
When I save a draft and go to the "Forum Info" -> "Show Drafts" to delete the draft, I will see these message:

Database Error

ERROR: syntax error at or near "LIMIT"
LINE 6: LIMIT 1
^
File: /**********/Sources/Drafts.php
Line: 540

If I edit the code near Line 540, and try to delete the draft again, I will see "hacking" message in the forum admin panel.

Help!

vbgamer45

I would download the latest from github probably has your fix already https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

i-SPN

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 01, 2018, 04:20:47 PM
I would download the latest from github probably has your fix already hxxp:github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1 [nonactive]

Thank you very much, I even didn't know this release.  I will try it.

i-SPN

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 01, 2018, 04:20:47 PM
I would download the latest from github probably has your fix already hxxp:github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1 [nonactive]

Hello, sorry, I git cloned the release-2.1 branch code and use them to override my forum files, keep Settings.php but the database error still exists. I read the code near 540 in Drafts.php and found nothing change. The backend admin panel shows the version is 2.1 beta 4 now. And finally I click all the "run task now" buttons in the admin panel but they doesn't help.

vbgamer45

I would report the error on github to the developers. We have people that work with your database
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

albertlast

Please had in mind,
that the database got changes between beta3 (wiche is mostly a year old) and the version now.

It's recommanded to make a clean install with the github version (personal i recommand to use the nightly download) https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451.0

Kindred

right...    there is no update script between nightly builds.   If you are using a beta, it's assumed that you are either going to do a clean install each time or have the know-how to properly, manually, update your site
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

i-SPN

I am using last_commit_9bc16d3 nightly build with fresh install by destroying and reinitializing postgresql databases , the bug still exists here without change. So I have to disable the save drafts feature. I still express my thanks to your smf hard work.

albertlast

Special thanks for testing smf2.1 with pg and to mention this bug,
the bug get fixed by this pr: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/pull/4747
which i hope get merge in the next time.

Advertisement: