News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Member Icons

Started by Bigguy, May 01, 2018, 06:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Ok, so I think there is a problem with member icons. This has been confirmed on two sites. Would somebody please, that is running 2.1 from GH try to upload new member icons/ badges for membergroups. It's really weird and I don't really know how to explain it. Uploading the first few MIGHT work but after that no new badges will work. Even renaming them to ones that are default does not work right. It's hard to explain. Please just try it and see what happens, k. :)

Chen Zhen

I just explained this on your forum but I will post it here in case others find the same issue.
Beta 4 is coded to only except membergroup icons that max out at width: 128px and height: 32px.
Acceptable file types are: png, jpg, jpeg, bmp & gif
Anything with larger dimensions or another file type are ignored.

Imo custom themes may look ok with larger icons therefore this could be set up differently.
For Beta4 ../Sources/ManageMembergroups.php can be manually edited to allow larger icons.
The devs may have had more in mind than just aesthetics.. larger icons will invoke larger image file sizes that can cause the page to take longer to load.
Especially bmp files.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Bigguy

Yup, that fixed it. For what ever reason it was done I am sure people will find this post useful when they run into the same problem we did. Thanks Chen. :)

albertlast

Bigguy

Nice to here, thank you. :)

Advertisement: