News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Building my forum Help

Started by Meanman, May 02, 2018, 06:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meanman

Hi I am building my forum but as I add the boards every so often I get this error.
I have spoken to my hosting company and they say there is nothing wrong at there end.

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Kindred

well, there obviously is a problem on their side.

If that message is intermittent, than the issue is 100% on the server side.

(are you actually using SMF 2.1 BETA?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Meanman

I am using version SMF 2.0.15 i have asked my hosting company to move me to SSD hosting i hope that helps

Kindred

I don't think that SSD will change anything....    the issue would appear to be in their database connections...

Who is your host?

(and the reason I asked version is because you originally posted in the 2.1 support section)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: