Is InnoDB fully supported in 2.0.x?

Started by shawnb61, July 01, 2017, 03:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

I've been thinking of making the conversion to InnoDB, but it is unclear to me whether it is explicitly supported. 

It's not mentioned on the requirements page:
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Requirements_and_recommendations

There is an old thread or two that mention issues with merge functions, but they are old. 

I've been assuming it's OK...  Checking that assumption... 

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

vbgamer45

It should work ok. Main thing is to make all the tables the same type otherwise there could be performance issues on the joins
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

Also read the performance notes, I seem to recall there used to be issues around certain tables needing to be reordered though I think those were fixed in 2.0.8.

shawnb61

Thanks for the input.

I'd read all of those notes, but it's hard to tell if any of the concerns apply to current versions or not. 

I've had my test environments InnoDB for a while, so I went for it in prod.  So far, so good.  If anything pops up, I'll report back. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

A year later and everything is fine.  No issues whatsoever. 

Medium-sized forum (165517 Posts in 18774 Topics by 24414 Members - most online today: 85, including guests).   

Interesting discussion on InnoDB on this thread, including some restrictions, e.g., on fulltext searches & filesystem restores:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=560209.msg3979759#msg3979759

Arantor

There used to be issues prior to 2.0.8 with board ordering, but the only blocker left is full text indexes if you're on below 5.6. Everything else should be fine now.

Advertisement: