News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Redirects to the same topic - good or bad?

Started by njtweb, May 11, 2018, 04:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

I have a hockey board. It's got a lot of leagues and teams and many of the teams compete in several leagues.

If  a team competes in the other leagues besides their home league, I still list them in the other league categories as their own forum but I put a redirect on them going back to their main forum.

Hope that make sense. My question is, does google consider that duplicate content?

Looking

It could, you could if its the same content with a different link. Redirect links should be 301.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: njtweb on May 11, 2018, 04:13:51 PM
Hope that make sense. My question is, does google consider that duplicate content?
If you are really using the SMF categories for this - No, it should not I think.
The redirect categories are handled with proper redirect codes, namely 302 Found, and the URL is not masked, but redirected to just one location.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: