News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting from IPB 2.3.1 to SMF - need to test first

Started by PaddyD, May 13, 2018, 12:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaddyD

HALLELUJAH!!! I actually managed to figure it out, with some very careful Googling to find something similar.

Found this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21943861/copy-field-from-one-table-to-another-where-fields-match

And from that, I was able to create this:

UPDATE smf_messages
JOIN ibf_posts on smf_messages.id_msg = ibf_posts.pid
set smf_messages.body = ibf_posts.post

And ran that in phpMyAdmin and voila! I have posts! Over 200,000 of them! PHEW. Now, on to the fun stuff - making the board look & function the way we want! :D I'm sure I'll be back at some point, but at least this conversion craziness is mostly behind me.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

PaddyD

Thank you for all your help! Looking forward to moving on from our ancient IPB - and really like what I'm seeing so far with SMF. :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Please do let us know how it goes in the end :) And if you run in to any questions, let us know.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

PaddyD

We're busy testing, Aleksi - and so far, I'm really liking it. :) I'll post a link when (assuming the rest of the admins are all on board) we go live for all our members/general public.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: