SMF suddenly stopped working

Started by baldur2630, May 13, 2018, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldur2630

I installed a new server, CentOS 7.5 with all the latest updates. I downloaded the (NOT BETA 2.1 this afternoon.) I installed it with no problem. I set up some categories and a couple of bords and went down to the shop.

The first thing that I saw when I got back was a mail from the server :
There has been a problem with the database!

This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

If I now try to connect I get :

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Any ideas? How to fix?

vbgamer45

Check that mysqld/mariadb is running.
If it is check your Settings.php to make sure you have the right connection information
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Illori

Quote from: baldur2630 on May 13, 2018, 04:12:10 PM
I installed a new server, CentOS 7.5 with all the latest updates. I downloaded the (NOT BETA 2.1 this afternoon.) I installed it with no problem.

if you did not download the beta then which version are you running since you posted in SMF 2.1 board?

baldur2630

MySQL running. Can connect to database with Navicat. It WAS working fine. Stopped working for NO reason

I deleted it all - Will start over.

landyvlad

Quote from: baldur2630 on May 13, 2018, 04:12:10 PM
I installed a new server, CentOS 7.5 with all the latest updates. I downloaded the (NOT BETA 2.1 this afternoon.) I installed it with no problem.

Given that 2.1 is still in beta release stage, this is an important question -

Quote from: Illori on May 13, 2018, 07:10:29 PM
if you did not download the beta then which version are you running since you posted in SMF 2.1 board?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: