News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Not receiving email notification new users or that there is a new user HELP

Started by dnoftz, May 14, 2018, 09:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnoftz

Cant seem to figure out why when I register some one it wont send them an email also when i do not receive emails when new people register can any one help me with this

GigaWatt

Admin --> Features and Options --> Members --> Registration --> Settings --> Send welcome email to new members

Admin --> Features and Options --> Members --> Registration --> Settings --> Notify administrators when a new member joins
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

ziycon

Can you check your server logs, have you got a mail server setup? Have email notifications worked previously?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The new members notification email is sent to admins, to the email addresses defined in their profiles. IF the setting is checked in
Admin -> Members -> Registration -> Settings -> Notify administrators when a new member joins
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: