News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Caching Issues 2.0.15 Nginx

Started by ziycon, May 17, 2018, 04:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziycon

I have SMF on a dedicated server with Nginx, PHP 7.1 and memcached installed, all is working ok except SMF isn't picking up memcahed.

The reason I installed memcached is that the file caching with SMF was causing loads of issues where changes were made and an admin had to clear the cache before the changes showed up so I assumed memcached would help here instead of SMF's file caching.

I have caching disabled now on the forum and memcached installed but I can't seem to figure out how to get:

1) memcached to work with SMF
2) fix the caching issue

Any help or recommendations greatly appreciated.

vbgamer45

It's not detected?
If it is detected you need to enter the memcached ip address which is normally 127.0.0.1 or localhost if it's on the same server
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ziycon

Have already done that, how will I know if it's working after entering the server ip address?

vbgamer45

You can see connections to memcahe or watch the open connections with memcahced. I think there is a php script for it that you can use to monitor
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ziycon

I see the memcached process popping up every now and then, will look at a script to see whats going on. Thanks.

Advertisement: