New install no database connection

Started by Jailer, May 18, 2018, 09:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jailer

Let me start off by saying I hate starting a new topic on this since it's been posted what seems like a thousand times. I've yet to find a post that relates to my issue.

I've spent the last few hours reading post after post of fresh installs erroring out not being able to connect to the database. Problem is most of them seem to be related to Windows/Windows server installations. I'm installing SMF in a jail on FreeBSD 11.1. I followed the exact same steps I've used previously to install a working FEMP stack and SMF that have worked flawlessly in the past but for some reason it's not working now. The server stack is working fine. I'm running php5.6 mysql5.6 and nginx. I have created the database and restarted the mysql service. I have all the same packages installed in the new jail as my current working jail that has been running for over a year without issue but I can't install a fresh copy. My reason for wanting a fresh install is I'm having issues upgrading a couple of mods due to file changes that I can't seem to work out and I was going to start fresh, install the mods and then restore my database. If I restore in a fresh jail from my backup everything works as expected.

Has anyone run across this issue with FreeBSD and have you found a solution to get the installer to run?

Kindred

Well, thatbis definitely not the best way to deal with confusing or corrupted files.

You should not do a new install like that.

Just read the faq on how to install a clean set of files on your existing installation.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jailer

I have to re create my jails anyway due to a major version upgrade on my server. That's why I was going to start fresh. I'll try the new clean method and see how that goes and report back.

Jailer

Well after a couple tries due to rookie mistakes it's up and running now, Thanks Kindred.

Still I wonder why a fresh install on a fresh FEMP stack wouldn't connect to the database when it has in the past.

Advertisement: