Export all posts?

Started by benz1, May 20, 2018, 04:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benz1

I've been running an SMF forum for years, currently on v1.1.21, but due to the complexity of trying to make the forum and associated website GDPR compliant have decided to bite the bullet and move over to a Facebook group. Is there any way to export all the boards/topics/posts from the forum in a meaningful way that I could them upload to the Facebook group as a document, preferably each topic, or at least board, as a separate document?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Kindred

no...  there really is not any way to do that - especially not on 1.1.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

benz1

Thanks @Kindred. What if I was to upgrade to 2.x.x, are there any options?

vbgamer45

No tool exits You would have to write a custom script to export each topic to a file.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

benz1

Thanks but that's beyond my abilities. If I post a request in Help Wanted is someone likely to be able to help me?

Kindred

Probably not...   what you are asking for is fairly complicated.      If anyone was willing, they'd probably do it for payment -- and I suspect it would run $500+
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: