News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search Not Working 2.0.15

Started by njtweb, May 21, 2018, 08:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Its 8:22 am, there's myself, a guest and googlebot showing in who's online.

I'm typing the name of a rink in my search field and I'm getting this message. Looking in cpanel it shows there is virtually nothing at all going on on my site with resources.

Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Illori

njtweb

Quote from: Illori on May 21, 2018, 08:30:25 AM
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Server_settings#Load_Balancing

disable the load balancing as you dont need it if you only have one server.

Thank you illori, I have a question, as that is what the issue was that was causing the problem.

I'm having a mod made which I will use to embed the results of a poll into a separate topic. I was told it requires a few SQL queries to pull the data. Because I have shared hosting she mentioned it might be beneficial to enable load balancing to offset any residual resource "over use" that might be generated from high traffic to common topics with the embedded poll results.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Without knowing how that code works, it's hard to say anything definitive - but you can also just try to tweak the limits, too low values will cause problems as you have seen.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: