after change smf prefix got Table 'smf.smf_prefix1475settin [please help]

Started by justin_midlet, May 23, 2018, 04:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justin_midlet

this my first time in install forum (its first time to install   ;D)
i use appserv
in installation i read don't use the same smf prefix for other forum

after install complete i change it from setting to smf.smf_prefix1475settings after the page reloaded i got
Table 'smf.smf_prefix1475settings' doesn't exist

how to slove it
i try search but i don't got my wants  :P

GigaWatt

You can't change the prefix after the install, you can only change it before the install. The setting is only there in case you've previously changed the value and you're just upgrading the forum (the database already has a different prefix than "smf_"). If the installer sets the database table prefix, that's it, the prefix is set, the tables in the database are created with that prefix.

Another option is to manually edit the database and change the prefix to... whichever value you want (I would go with ANSI latin avoiding dots, have no idea what symbols are supported by database engines).

If it's a fresh install (new forum), delete everything (files + database), install it again, change the prefix during the install, you should be good to go ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Sir Osis of Liver

You can change the table prefix in the database using phpmyadmin.  The prefix must agree with $db_prefix in Settings.php.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: