News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to "like" a post?

Started by QScotland, May 24, 2018, 04:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QScotland

In this community, is there a way of "liking" a post? I've received a couple of particularly useful replies to my questions, and I was wondering if there was a way of flagging these as being helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Illori

GigaWatt

I think there was a "Like post" mod somewhere in the mods section. But it doesn't link the likes with your FB profile or share the content of the post, if that's what you're asking.

Here's a link to the mod.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3708
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

On this site, there is no karma actions or post likes available though.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

Oh, yeah, I missed the "In this community" part ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thought so :) Happens to us all sometimes.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

QScotland

Thanks for the replies. It's not a big deal. It's just that I've seen other forums where there is a way to flag a particularly helpful post or to award "karma" to other members. I was just wondering if it was available here.

Of course, the other option is simply to post a reply thanking the person in question for their helpful advice (which is what I have been doing).

Mike

Advertisement: