News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

imgbb gives 403 Forbidden Error

Started by siradams, May 25, 2018, 08:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siradams

Hi everyone,

We're using imgbb as embedded image uploading site...

But , we've started having problems as uploading images with the Upload Picture button on my forum site.

Like below;

Sometimes, when we change our browser from one to another one (Internet Explorer to Chrome or other) , it was working, but for last two days, changing browser doesn't work too...

Illori

this is a mod you are using right? if so then you need to post in the mods support topic.

siradams

No... I don't think it's a mod. I've not installed any mod named like this...

After I've clean and full install of 2.0.15 smf , that imgbb script was working linked with the Upload Image buttons...

Quote from: Illori on May 25, 2018, 08:42:06 AM
this is a mod you are using right? if so then you need to post in the mods support topic.

Illori

imgbb.com is not a default feature of SMF. you had to use a mod to get it to work.

Jailer

It is a mod. They recently changed all their links and killed a bunch of pics in the process.

Yet another reason to host your own if you can.

Shambles

You may need to get an updated version of the mod from imgbb.com/mod

siradams

Thanks for all your answers.

By the way, I've checked it out, yes you're all right, it's a mod, named; Simple Image Upload and the version 2.0.0 and it's most recent updated version... Nevertheless, I've removed it from Package Manager and deleted the related zip file from /packages folder and downloaded a new install zip file from hxxp:imgbb.com/mod [nonactive] and installed it again... The result is the same...

It works on some computers and it doesn't work on some computers... For example on my computer, it works with Chrome and it doesn't work with Safari... On another computer, it doesn't work with Chrome neither Safari nor others...

shawnb61

I think you need to turn to imgbb for support - it's their product.   We're not familiar with (or responsible for) their code.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Jailer

Quote from: Jailer on May 25, 2018, 09:04:51 AM
It is a mod. They recently changed all their links and killed a bunch of pics in the process.

Yet another reason to host your own if you can.

Scratch that, it was postimage that changed their links not imgbb. Sorry for the misinformation.

GigaWatt

They had problems with their .org top level domain (under investigation or something), so they had to change it to .cc. It's easily fixable with this tool.

https://github.com/sbulen/sjrbTools/blob/master/SMF_URLs_Paths.php

Code (SMF_URLs_Paths.php) Select
$oldURL = 'postimg.org';
$oldDir = '/12345';
$newURL = 'postimg.cc';
$newDir = '/12345';
$doit = 'No';

Change $doit = 'No' to $doit = 'Yes' if everything seems to be OK after the test run. In any case, backup your database before you run the script with any setting (either Yes or No).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

epicmember

Hey guys,

I have the same issue with simple image upload and the code provided in the above post seems very helpful. In which php file file should I write this code as I dont seem to have a (SMF_URLs_Paths.php) file to update...

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: