News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

European Privacy Laws

Started by DJ Doena, May 25, 2018, 11:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Doena

Hi,

is there an update to the SMF 2.0.x line or a mod available where the user has to set a checkmark that they have to accept that certain information has to be stored on the server. So that the website complies with the European Privacy Laws that were enacted on May 25?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

DJ Doena

Biology Forums

Very interesting. Question to vbgamer45.

What if no precautions are taken and the forum doesn't comply, technically. What could possibly happen?

vbgamer45

Quote from: Study Force on May 27, 2018, 12:07:23 AM
Very interesting. Question to vbgamer45.

What if no precautions are taken and the forum doesn't comply, technically. What could possibly happen?
At this point I would only worry if you are located inside Europe and or if your site mainly caters to people of the EU.  Outside not much right now. Fines are the last step and I believe it is only for major companies they will go after.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

I thought so. If complaints are made, then the mod should be installed I think

vbgamer45

I do it on my sites just to show good faith effort just in case.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: