Personal text field removal in edit profile

Started by gragra, May 26, 2018, 04:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gragra

Hi guys. I am looking for solution how to remove personal text field from edit profile.

Found few topics which says to remove this:
if (!empty($context['member']['blurb']))
echo '
<dt>', $txt['personal_text'], ': </dt>
<dd>', $context['member']['blurb'], '</dd>';

But it doesn't work if I comment/remove these.

I want to remove this:
<dl>
<dt>
<strong>Personal Text</strong>
</dt>
<dd>
<input type="text" name="personal_text" id="personal_text" size="50" value="" maxlength="50" class="input_text">
</dd>
</dl>

But can't find where it is located. Thank you

Kindred

The first code is the same as the second code, and the first code is the bit to remove
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on May 26, 2018, 05:09:23 PM
The first code is the same as the second code, and the first code is the bit to remove

no it is not. this is defined in the Sources/Profile-Modify.php

either remove or comment out
'personal_text' => array(
'type' => 'text',
'label' => $txt['personal_text'],
'log_change' => true,
'input_attr' => array('maxlength="50"'),
'size' => 50,
'permission' => 'profile_blurb',
),

this removes the option to enter the personal text completely. the other edit removes it from the first page of the profile.

this does NOT remove the entry if someone put one in the past.

Kindred

Oops.  Sorry. Your right. The first code is the display, the second (as you indicated) is the input
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gragra

Advertisement: