Forum gone after changing server settings

Started by diddyskipper, May 30, 2018, 09:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Quote from: diddyskipper on May 31, 2018, 02:12:08 PM
I did check the settings. All the settings in repair_settings were correct.

Can you explain which theme paths are wrong/urls are wrong?
Did you check for http versus https in the theme URL?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I can take a quick look at this if you want, no need for payment, I have a fairly good idea where to start too.
But I would most likely need access to both your hosting control panel and forum admin to figure out the details.
This is where I refer you to the quote in my signature.

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Shambles

Quote from: Kindred on May 31, 2018, 02:56:39 PM
some of your css and javascript URL calls point to .co.uk and some point to .com

your stuff should all be called from the same domain

That's now coming into play. The .co.uk domain doesn't have a SSL certificate whereas the .com does. They all need to match.

diddyskipper

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on May 31, 2018, 03:20:20 PM
I can take a quick look at this if you want, no need for payment, I have a fairly good idea where to start too.
But I would most likely need access to both your hosting control panel and forum admin to figure out the details.
This is where I refer you to the quote in my signature.
PM'd you.

Thank you so much.

Shambles

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The forum has 4 themes installed, but there are files only for 2. I fixed all settings for those 2.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

diddyskipper

Thank you for all your help. It is so much appreciated.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You are welcome. :) If you need any further help, let us know.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: