Making cover photo system on user profiles

Started by ContLock, June 02, 2018, 02:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ContLock

I want to make cover photo for every user profile. I want to user be able to change cover photo just like avatar image.

So basically just like there is avatar image for every user and every user profile I want to make same thing duplicating and making it like cover photo.

It should be customizable also.

So question is how would you do it, how is the avatar image stored in database, is it easy and okay to duplicate avatar system and implement cover on that base?

GigaWatt

Could you give an example? Maybe a picture of how this is supposed to look like. Is it supposed to be something like a the FB profile cover image?

This is basically a mod request, so it should be in this section.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

ContLock

Quote from: GigaWatt on June 02, 2018, 03:02:47 PM
Could you give an example? Maybe a picture of how this is supposed to look like. Is it supposed to be something like a the FB profile cover image?

This is basically a mod request, so it should be in this section.

Short desc:

- It is in almost same as facebook cover.
- User can upload/choose from link their cover photo.
- Works same as avatar but only visible when you visit that user profile.

I'm not requesting, I want to make it myself but I ask few tips and your opinion how will it be best to make it.

GigaWatt

Quote from: ContLock on June 02, 2018, 03:38:04 PM
- Works same as avatar but only visible when you visit that user profile.

Quote from: ContLock on June 02, 2018, 03:38:04 PM
I'm not requesting, I want to make it myself but I ask few tips and your opinion how will it be best to make it.

I'm not a developer (at least not in PHP), so I can't really help you. Hopefully one of the coding gurus will see this and help you.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Advertisement: