News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

GDPR Helper

Started by vbgamer45, June 02, 2018, 07:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllMassive

Could you confirm this ?

vbgamer45

Haven't seen it occur yet on my end.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

AllMassive

Perhaps its because i installed other  'member-modules':
Gamer IDs
Google Member Map - but in version 2.0.10

Yikesfactor

Bug:

When the name is changed on all posts, it no longer points to a member profile.

This means the ignore list no longer hides the posts, the new name does not show up on memberlists, and cannot be searched for, even by admins.

The result is posts no in the limbo zone, which cannot be found except by scrolling every thread on the forum.

IMO, the username should be changed, the password wiped, the IP wiped, but the member profile should remain. Ignore lists with the original name on it, need to have the name changed to its new one. OR, all such members deleted, have the posts reassigned to an active member name designed to be an all collect guest-### name.

Posts which are out of the system, but still showing, are nothing but potential trouble.
Version 2.0.15

Used phpBB before, new to SMF.

I know enough to be dangerous.
Breaking things is my specialty.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Not a bug, what the mod does is remove personal information - what you are trying to do is create a new identity instead of one that had to be deleted, so in view of GDPR you would potentially create new problems, by fixing one you think is there. They are not "out of the system" they are just shown as guest posts.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Also, ignore lists do not ever ignore based on name (because name can be changed at will, by the member)
Ignore lists are based on memberID...    if the account is deleted, there is no more memberID, therefore, the messages will no longer be flagged as ignore.

So... not a bug in the GDPR mod. Not a bug in the SMF code...   it's how the systems works.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Especially as leaving the user id in place would still count as having an identifier and so not really allowed.

rawonam

Hi! This looks like a bug to me:

Subs-Members.php
// Start GPDR Helper
if (empty($modSettings['gpdr_allow_export_userdata']))
{
// Make these peoples' posts guest posts.

The setting name is wrong, should be gpdr_clear_memberinfo.

vbgamer45

Thanks

Update requires uninstall of old version and install of new version

!Fixed incorrect setting used for clearing post information on member deletion
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

john11smith

Forum version: SMF 2.1 Beta 3 I'm getting an error:
"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."
How to fix it? Is it really required? Users have to agree with conditions before registration.

Arantor

This mod does not support SMF 2.1.

Kindred

which is because 2.1 has GDPR functionality already built in

(but not beta3. The RC1 release will be the first official release with it)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

1.0.5a
+Added support for SMF 2.1 RC1

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Massl

Thanks vbgamer45
With 2.1 RC1 I have this error when I try to export user data.

Database Error
Unknown column 'gender' in 'field list'
File: /home/public_html/smf/Sources/gpdr2.php
Line: 374

My forum has been converted from mybb who does not use gender.

I'm using 1.0.5a but "Your Version: 1.0.4 Latest Version: 1.0.4"

Kindred

VB---    do note that Gender was moved out of the user table and made into a custom profile field in 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

vbgamer45

Update 1.0.5b
!Fixed export data for SMF 2.1.x due to  gender column changed.
!Fixed version number display

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bigguy

I just installed this on my site, thank you btw. When I go to the spot in the profile to export data it gives an error.

vbgamer45

SMF 2.1?
By the type of error can you click the table icon and post the stack

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bigguy

2.1 yes....you mean the backtrace, yes hold on.

Bigguy

Advertisement: