News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

A note and update about customizations support

Started by Gwenwyfar, April 11, 2019, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwyfar

Hello fellow SMFers!

As it recently came to our attention, I would like to make a small update and clarification over our rules regarding support of mods and themes.

While giving support for your themes and mods is something we encourage, it is not obligatory. If you do not have the time for support (or have other reasons to not wish to provide support), then you definitely can still have your themes and mods up on the customization site! Providing support for customizations will not be required by the SMF team. In fact, we are considering adding a tag to indicate a customization is unsupported, so that both users and authors can make better use of the customization site. As a user, this would let you know what to expect of a mod/theme's support from the author.

We will now also be allowing lite versions (that have a paid version), as well as customizations that have paid support elsewhere to choose whether they wish to support their customization or not. Note that this does not affect our rules for approval otherwise, and lite versions should still be functional on their own.

We appreciate the time and effort that authors put into making customizations, and we hope that this will help authors to have more of their work up on the customization site for everyone to enjoy.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Antes

Thank you & team for the info :) I hope this will increase the activity on customization site based on the situation.

Arantor

Indeed, it gives me something to do over the next few days.

Antes

Quote from: Arantor on April 11, 2019, 01:54:31 PM

<3, It will be nice to see your mods back on site.

live627

I also have a new mod in the works. Just wish that I could get some of my old ones back from vbgamer...

GigaWatt

Well, you can always use some type of force :D.

@Gwenwyfar: This is actually good news :)... and I think it will be productive, even though it might sound differently ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

live627

I'm not joining the Darth side, despite the cookies. Vader stands alone.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Arantor on April 11, 2019, 01:54:31 PM

That I would like to see in truth! :D and @Gwenwyfar Thanks for the news, I hope it will be good for everyone :).
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Advertisement: