SMF Support > SMF 1.1.x Support

Deleted a fellow admin's account on accident, can this be fixed?

(1/6) > >>

Eagle31:
Greetings,  I deleted by mistake another admins account on the forum but not his postings. So me seeing this a couple days later I created another account manually using the same user name and email address and of course it did not change anything as to his prior account postings had him labeled as "Guest" this is SMF version 1.1.21. I had built this forum in 2011 and then left a few months later and have just come back to help them with spam problems and other issues a few days ago. This is a very low traffic board for a club that only has anywhere from a few postings a day to a few a week. Can this be fixed...???  On a side note I DID do a backup before his account was deleted but NOT on the server but on the forum software itself and saved in gzip format with both the Table Structure and Table Data. Can this be fixed...???...If not I am in a lot of trouble...PLEASE HELP.

(EDIT: Lex tampered with the title. )

Sir Osis of Liver:
There's a maintenance feature in 2.0 that allows you to attribute guest posts made with an email address or username to a new account, don't see it in 1.1.  If you have a good recent database backup from before you deleted the account, you can restore it and forum content will revert to date of backup.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen:
Do you have a way to contact your fellow admin outside the forum?

The easiest way to fix this would be to reattribute the guest posts to a new account, and let them know what happened. PMs, personal settings and other details would be lost forever, but would not require messing around with the backup.

Sir Osis of Liver:
Is there a way to do that in 1.1?

Eagle31:

--- Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 04, 2018, 10:58:19 PM ---Do you have a way to contact your fellow admin outside the forum?

The easiest way to fix this would be to reattribute the guest posts to a new account, and let them know what happened. PMs, personal settings and other details would be lost forever, but would not require messing around with the backup.

--- End quote ---
I just came back to this club and that would create a LOT of drama and that is what I would like to avoid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version