Please tell me some useful mods.
I'm using SMF v2.0.15. Thanks!

gsmkhmer

Two mods i installed
1 Simple Image Upload   2.0.0
2 Simple ImgBR Upload Image in CSS - upload by URL   1.0

They are not working

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

njtweb

Isn't the add attachment function that's already built into SMF posting features exactly what he's asking for?

Kindred

no. He wants images to upload inline.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

unless he is also looking for an external hosting service... :P

the postimages plugin works nicely - although, IIRC, it should get a small edit so that it only loads the javascript on the post page.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

I tried both. I don't like how the postimages one takes you to their site, but I guess that's part of the deal since they're hosting. I like the post and inline mod from Dougiefresh better.

GigaWatt

Quote from: njtweb on June 12, 2018, 03:09:04 PM
I like the post and inline mod from Dougiefresh better.

It's a great mod if you're not limited in webspace and bandwidth ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Chen Zhen

You can always opt a paid mod by Arantor that presents them very nicely.
ref.
http://levertine.com/products/levgal/

He still has that site up so I assume it's still supported.
You can always inquire about it on his site if interested in going that route.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on June 17, 2018, 09:17:36 PM

You can always opt a paid mod by Arantor that presents them very nicely.
ref.
http://levertine.com/products/levgal/

He still has that site up so I assume it's still supported.
You can always inquire about it on his site if interested in going that route.

Think you'll find it's a free download now. Arantor attached it to this post, https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=525210.msg3921971#msg3921971

Kindred

and again...   that assumes that you have the bandwidth and storage to keep the images locally....
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

And if you don't, they're likely to just get deleted without any notice.

GigaWatt

Which is not so important on some types of boards... let's say, local buy/sell boards.

And you can always keep the images on more than one image host.

Advertisement: