Help. Adding ecommece and pictures.

Started by fastcorvetteusa.com, June 09, 2018, 12:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastcorvetteusa.com

Hello.  Ok so i really dont know what im doing when it comes to technology here. But i did build our site so. Here we go.   
  Id like to add an ecommerce store to our forum. 
First off.  Sorry if this isnt in the correct spot.its been a while since my last post. (Feel like im in confession)
Is this possible?  We have the product.  Just need to figure out how to do it here. 
Would there be an extra cost as well. 

Also id like to add the fix for pictures.  Its so hard using the old way.   
I know theres a way to add the new way of adding pics.   Like i did here.   

Can someone help with some links to read or videos to watch. 

Like i said. Thats how i built our current site.   Lol. 

Corvettesyndicate.com

vbgamer45

For pictures are you looking for a gallery or inline attachments.

I do have a paid ecommerce plugin at https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-store.php which can sell digitial or physical items via paypal. I also have a classifieds system if your members need to sell something  https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-classifieds.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

fastcorvetteusa.com

Ok so it can be done I guess from you soliciting me for your add ons. 
But not actually answering my question.     

Does this cost more beside the yearly fee to keep our site up and running.  ?? 

Like I said I have no clue what I'm doing here. So plain English please. 

And don't need a gallery just wanna be able to post multipal pictures and videos to our posts

vbgamer45

SMF is free software does not cost aything to run.
Your only costs would be your webhosting service, and the domain name for your forum.
I do recommend SSL for your forum. And I  also saw your forum is a couple minor versions behind you can upgrade via the package manager.

If you need a video embeder I have a free plugin at https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681 which embeds many video sharing sites.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fastcorvetteusa.com

Thank you.  Yeah I know I'm a little behind.  We aren't using the site that much right now.
I'm trying to get everything fixed before I start to,promote it more. 
. I think I have someone that's familiar with the platform and can help with it soon.   
No real big hurry just trying to see what we'll need and if it's going to cost us anything more than we already are paying.  As we have the web host and domain.   

Thanks again. Appreciate it. Like I said is so green here.  I'm lucky I got as far as I did with the site lol

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 09, 2018, 02:32:51 PM
SMF is free software does not cost aything to run.
Your only costs would be your webhosting service, and the domain name for your forum.
I do recommend SSL for your forum. And I  also saw your forum is a couple minor versions behind you can upgrade via the package manager.

If you need a video embeder I have a free plugin at https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681 which embeds many video sharing sites.

vbgamer45

If you have any questions feel free to post them here. The hard part is getting started with the forum and you already have them along with a theme for your forum.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: