News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.1 css

Started by Bigguy, June 09, 2018, 08:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Can anyone tell me where the css code is to change what is in red in the screenshot.

Gwenwyfar

That should be in the main css file. Tried using the inspector already? There's a lot of different elements in that entire area.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Bigguy

I have been using the inspector in FF to help me in changing things but for some reason I can not nail this area down. I know it is broke up into a few different css edits but whatever I try to change there is no effect. Would it help to change anything in the minified css files. I have noticed a few of them in there. ??

Gwenwyfar

Well, what exactly are you trying to change?

And no, you should never edit the minified file, your changes in it will be rewritten.

Bigguy

That's what I thought so I never touch them. What I am trying to do is change the red area to the same color as the wrapper. I changed it to rgba so I could get a bit of colored transparentsy...if that's a word and makes sense. I just can't seem to get it. I even tried to do it inline which I know is wrong but it still did not change that area.

Gwenwyfar

If you mean the background that's the gradient defined for #inner_section. You'll have to split that rule to change only that area.

Bigguy

So do you mean keep the old rule and make a new one to make changes to the entire area. (I think I said that right) ??

Gwenwyfar

That's one way. Make sure you place the new rule below the old one.

Bigguy

I will give that a shot tomorrow sometime. Thanks for taking your time to answer this. :)

Advertisement: