User being logged off--even when choosing the stay logged on feature

Started by PenelopeQ, June 12, 2018, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenelopeQ

I'm just going to quote what the user reported.
QuoteI am logged out within seconds if I close my page even when I have ticked to remain logged in.

I have asked for her what device and browser she is using and can post that here once she responds back to me...but any ideas until then?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

oldpilot

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 12, 2018, 04:21:15 PM
Browser removing history (including cookies) upon exit?

OK this helped thanks, this item is now fixed!
Thank you.

Here is the conversation

Quote from: Rising Phoenix on June 13, 2018, 08:06:55 AM
Quote from: OldPilot on June 13, 2018, 07:01:38 AM
Quote from: Rising Phoenix on June 13, 2018, 01:57:47 AM
Thanks OP
I followed link and saw question and googled it and have managed to sort.
Many thanks
Rp
So what was causing it?

There is two sorts of browsing on an iPhone, public and private. I think my daughter had put me on private so it doesn't save anything and blocks tracking and doesn't save browser history. I googled the question safari not saving history.
Thanks
RP x

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Biology Forums

Another thing to keep in mind is if you logout from another browser or computer, you'll be logged out everywhere else.

Advertisement: