Advertisement:

Author Topic: [PHP 7] Portal similar to ADK Portal or SimpleMachines "Home"  (Read 505 times)

Offline kittonium

• Semi-Newbie
Hi,

I'm looking for a mod that would resemble the ADK Portal (only works on php 5) or the one used here:
https://www.simplemachines.org/

Do the staff of SMF share their homepage plugin?

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • StoryBB/StoryBB on GitHub
Re: [PHP 7] Portal similar to ADK Portal or SimpleMachines "Home"
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 03:24:33 PM »
No, because the one here is not a plugin - it physically lives outside of the forum and mostly works by using the integration hooks system and parts of SSI.php (i.e. it's custom code and has minimal nice UI for you anyway)

What's wrong with SimplePortal or TinyPortal? Fairly sure they can be configured to do what you're thinking of.
Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

Nothing turns to hate so bitter as what once was love.

Offline kittonium

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 03:42:38 PM »
No, because the one here is not a plugin - it physically lives outside of the forum and mostly works by using the integration hooks system and parts of SSI.php (i.e. it's custom code and has minimal nice UI for you anyway)

What's wrong with SimplePortal or TinyPortal? Fairly sure they can be configured to do what you're thinking of.

I see, I really like the idea of having SSI stuff, maybe I'll try to learn and make my own

Does simpleportal/tinyportal support php7? ADK Portal had a problem when it was using create_function, which is deprecated in php7

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 03:45:15 PM »
TP does.

create_function is deprecated in 7.2. You know what else heavily uses create_function? SMF 2.0.x...
Don’t try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person. You haven’t had enough to know what it’s like.

Offline kittonium

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 04:32:34 PM »
TP does.

create_function is deprecated in 7.2. You know what else heavily uses create_function? SMF 2.0.x...

hm?
after installation of ADK Portal, all calls to create_function were erroring out and i had to delete everything and reinstall the forum

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 04:34:20 PM »
I can't speak for ADK Portal, but I can speak somewhat for SMF.

create_function is used *extensively* in the bbcode parser, and it's only been deprecated in PHP 7.2, not even removed (it just issues a warning to tell you that it's going away). Every single SMF bbcode uses create_function in 2.0, ALL of them. This is fixed in 2.1 though.

If you were getting errors, that's likely to be a sign of more general problems in ADK Portal...

Offline kittonium

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 04:51:17 PM »
Thanks for the help, I'm using tinyportal now.

Online @rjen

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 05:06:35 PM »
Good choice!
Running SMF 2.0 with Tinyportal 1.5.1 at www.fjr-club.nl
Testing SMF 2.1 beta 4 with Tinyportal 1.6.0 at http://test2.fjr-club.nl/