News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Re: Service Unavailable on most of the topics

Started by ptl, June 13, 2018, 11:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptl

Hi,

now I've got this error in my forum:

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Forum looks OK, database seems fine but I cannot open any thread (tried a dozen or so).

Truncated the sessions table in the database, no change.

Nothing in the logs were related to this.

SMF 2.0.15, plenty of free disk space, nothing wrong that I can see.

What should I see/check to get more information to solve this?

-Paavo

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You may want to try taking a look at your server's error log, or asking your host about that.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ptl

Hi,

the webhotel service provider support desk said the problem comes from PHP version (which is 5.6.36).

Is there something I can do to solve (or go around) this?

-Paavo

Kindred

SMF 2.0.15 will work just fine with php 5.6

so, your host is not answering you honestly.

That message indicates that there is an error on the server -- not related to the SMF script.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ptl

Update

The problem is now fixed, hosting service provider help desk changed some PHP settings for our account (not sure exactly what).
No changes were needed in "our side" (SMF settings/versions/etc.).

Case closed, thanks for your help, Aleksi and Kindred

-Paavo

Drunken Clam

Advertisement: