News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

i want a fake user sysytem that will work for smf v2.0.15

Started by mayheptad, June 17, 2018, 06:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayheptad

hello smf
please i need a mod that will display fake number of hidden members
fake number of guests
and  fake registered members
and number of Fake online members
so that my site will look busy

i saw this https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=468913.0

but according to the author of the mod i tink it worked only For SMF 2.0, 2.0.1 , 2.0.2

please i need an updated version of a mod that can achieve this task and that will work for smf v2.0.15

GigaWatt

Most of the mods that work on 2.0.x will also work on 2.0.15. Do a file (webspace) backup before you install the mod and then install it, see if it works as expected ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Sir Osis of Liver

You might consider developing some decent content, to make your site really busy. :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Really, why? I mean the numbers, on a forum, are no measure for the activity and contents of the site. They are just misinformation that real users will realize to be just that in time.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aegersz

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 17, 2018, 11:27:17 PM
You might consider developing some decent content, to make your site really busy. :P

what the liver guy said !!!

mind you, my site traffic is low and i make up for dead time by posting related material.

vibrant discussions, helpful information and sufficient quality data reign supreme.

i have plenty of bots keeping the site busier, sadly.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

I can block bots 100%, never get them on my forums.

- R. Waters

GigaWatt

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 17, 2018, 11:31:12 PM
Really, why? I mean the numbers, on a forum, are no measure for the activity and contents of the site.

Agree on that.

@mayheptad: Why don't you just let bots have their way with your site (not kidding)? Mine is crawling with them and it looks like it's pretty busy, when it actually isn't :D. Just follow this advice on how to block the bots from registering and you're good to go ;). Give it a week or two, the domain will be crawling with the ba*tards :D.

Quote from: aegersz on June 18, 2018, 12:20:45 AM
i have plenty of bots keeping the site busier, sadly.

Why "sadly" ???. Your site looks busier, if you've got good anti spam protection, that shouldn't be a problem. They barely waste any bandwidth and it's not like they're DDoSing you site. That's not why they're there, they're trying to post spam, that's the only reason they're there :D. If they can't register, hey, guess what, your site looks busier ;), no harm done ;).

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 18, 2018, 12:55:53 AM

Me too ;).

God bless a10  :-*.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

aegersz

if i blocked the bots, my site would only get 10-30 members a day (plus legitimate guests - guests are potential members too paranoid to register on a dodgy drug site).
any of you guys are welcome to join
it's a little bit unnerving talking about "illegal" activities, despite the silly laws making criminals of damaged self-medicators.

sir osis, we have an alcohol board, just for EtOH enthusiasts like you  (and me) ::)
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

mayheptad

please teach me how to block bot on my website ,
i have another website though it is not a forum
i foolishly joined trafficbot.uk thinking that i can get alexa ranking fast trought them
but unfortunatelly their bot is just flooding my website with fake registered members and they continue spamming my website heavily
i write to support still no reply from them
but recently i enabled uploading of picture before user can fully registered on the site
and i think that has stop the bot from being able to register on my website . but am sure their bot is still crawling my website
please teach me how to block / stop the bot

mayheptad

@ gigawat.
thaks for the advice. but honestly my experience with trafficbot.uk, has make me vow never to use any of those trafficbot website

they are just flooding my wesite with fake registartion
and there bot even bypass my simple mathematical verification system e.g you may need to provide the answer of 5 + 1 0r 3 + 4 before you continue registration .
it even bypass my simple captcha system where i display some bodly written text for user to type in a box before they continue with there registration.
i only managed to stop the bot by enabling uploading of profile picture before user can register

its really a bad experience

Kindred

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do

a simple math problem is useless
CAPTCHA is basically useless.

you need a set of 20+ questions and ask 2-3 questions per registration. Those questions can not be simple math. Those questions can not be a question which is the first answer in google. The Bots can answer those in seconds.

and, finally, as everyone has already said -- you most definitely do ***NOT*** want "fake users"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

You can block a specific ip or ip range using .htaccess -

http://www.htaccess-guide.com/deny-visitors-by-ip-address/

The blocked ips never touch your forum.

- R. Waters

Kindred

But blocking IPs is, under most circumstances, a bad idea. The spammers will just switch IPs and you real users may end up affected
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Sounds like he's asking to block a specific bot from a specific source, in which case ip block may be useful.

- R. Waters

GigaWatt

Quote from: mayheptad on June 18, 2018, 03:50:38 PM
they are just flooding my wesite with fake registartion

Quote from: GigaWatt on June 18, 2018, 02:02:23 AM
Just follow this advice on how to block the bots from registering and you're good to go ;).

Advertisement: