News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

1.1.x upgrade to 2.0.x

Started by Declan303, June 18, 2018, 04:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan303

I am going to upgrade an old forum to 2.0.15. I now have it patched up to 1.1.21 so wondering do I now have to upgrade to 2.0 and then apply the patches up to 2.0.15 or can I upgrade directly to 2.0.15?

TIA
Declan

Arantor

Upgrading SMF - go direct to 2.0.15, though you will need new mods and a new theme as these are not compatible between 1.1 and 2.0.

GigaWatt

I would also advise to uninstall any installed mods on the 1.1.x version of the forum and leave it in it's "virgin" state, then do the upgrade.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Sir Osis of Liver

Check your php version, you must be at 5.4 minimum, should be at least 5.6.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Quote from: GigaWatt on June 18, 2018, 11:28:00 AM
I would also advise to uninstall any installed mods on the 1.1.x version of the forum and leave it in it's "virgin" state, then do the upgrade.

Well, that should not be necessary, since replacing all the files will effectively remove all 1.1.x mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

True, as unlike 2.0, I don't know of any mods using hooks in 1.1. Though it's possible to do ;)

GigaWatt

You're both probably right, but since I'm still having nightmares from my first 1.1.x to 2.0.x conversion on a heavily manually modded 1.1.x forum... I suggested it as a precaution.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Declan303

Now have 2.0.15 working . Thanks for the help everyone. Have one question at the moment. Anyone know where the path to the Smileys directory is set?

Arantor

Admin > Forum > Smileys and Message Icons > Settings

Declan303

Thanks Arantor, looked everywhere for that and couldn't see it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

GigaWatt

Can the thread be marked as solved?

Advertisement: