News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Another Error

Started by delta5, June 18, 2018, 11:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delta5

heck all
   Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 87.185.75.27   
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 04:44:53 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session ec893a61bd4b2972f2b654b62c5e20ca
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttps://www.fedupwithliberals.com/index.php?&action=profile;area=tparticles;u=1Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message2: A non-numeric value encounteredApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/delta5/public_html/Sources/TPmodules.php
Line: 1231

1212:            art.author_id as authorID, art.category, art.locked   
1213:         FROM {db_prefix}tp_articles AS art
1214:         WHERE art.author_id = {int:auth}
1215:         ORDER BY art.{raw:sort} DESC LIMIT {int:start}, 10',
1216:         array('auth' => $memID, 'sort' => $sorting, 'start' => $start)
1217:      );
1218:      
1219:      if($smcFunc['db_num_rows']($request) > 0){
1220:         while($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request))
1221:         {
1222:            $rat = array();
1223:            $rating_votes = 0;
1224:            $rat = explode(',', $row['rating']);
1225:            $rating_votes = count($rat);
1226:            if($row['rating'] == '')
1227:               $rating_votes = 0;
1228:   
1229:            $total = 0;
1230:            foreach($rat as $mm => $mval)
==>1231:               $total = $total + $mval;
1232:   
1233:            if($rating_votes > 0 && $total > 0)
1234:               $rating_average = floor($total / $rating_votes);
1235:            else
1236:               $rating_average = 0;
1237:            
1238:

Shambles

Could this be a Tiny Portal issue? You may need to take it up with them (and use a better topic title than "Another Error" ;))

Arantor

It is a TP issue with PHP 7. I'd suggest being on the latest version of TP since I'm pretty sure I helped fix that bug like a year ago.

Kindred

yes, tiny portal fixed the php7 issues right after the release of 2.0.14/2.0.15 and support for php7 was added
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

delta5

I had my host update me from 7.1 to 7.2 and now a whole new slew of errors concerning tiny portal. I uninstalled tiny portal, and the forum crashed. So now i will have to delete everything and start over. I was getting warnings about using 2.0.15 but having 2.0.14 database. I guess the .15 update didn't do what it was supposed to do?

Illori

SMF 2.0 does not support php 7.2 currently. ask your host to downgrade you to php 7.1 if not 5.6.

lurkalot

Quote from: Illori on June 19, 2018, 12:00:13 PM
SMF 2.0 does not support php 7.2 currently. ask your host to downgrade you to php 7.1 if not 5.6.

Was going to say the same, then noticed the requirements say, 2.0.14 onwards require PHP 5.4 or higher.  That might need to be made a bit clearer. https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Requirements_and_recommendations

Kindred

Also, there have been no database updates since 2.0, therefore a database at 2.0.14 is just fine
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: Kindred on June 19, 2018, 01:20:39 PM
Also, there have been no database updates since 2.0, therefore a database at 2.0.14 is just fine

Yes, but SMF 2.0 has that notice that if it encountered a database error, that you should possibly upgrade - even though no upgrade ever fixes the smfVersion value in the database :(

Kindred

yeah, I know...   we fixed that in 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

delta5

Well I updated to 7.2, got more errors. I tried to uninstall tiny portal and afterwards, the forum crashed and I have no clue what to edit so I'm going to delete the whole thing and start over. So now what I need to know since some of these mods seem to have problems with 2.0.15, I want to install the latest 2.1 beta. What version of php will I need? I just updated to 7.2 for the moment.

Arantor

Why not go back to PHP 7.1 or better yet 7.0?

Most mods won't play nice on PHP 7.2 even if SMF itself will. And there is a shortage of mods that work on the current build from GitHub - and I wouldn't encourage anyone who isn't super-familiar with development environments to run the beta because when things go wrong (as they will, it's a beta, means it's not finished yet), you'll be in even more mess than you are in now.

delta5

Ok, I just deleted everything on my hosting account. They have 2.0.15 pre-loaded. If I install that again, it will be 7.1?

Arantor

I have no idea what your hosting account does. I still have no idea why it apparently spontaneously upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Kindred on June 19, 2018, 01:20:39 PM
there have been no database updates since 2.0

While I have posted that many times, turns out it's not entirely true.  IIRC, something was changed around 2.0.4 that affects attachments.  It came up couple weeks ago, will see if I can find it.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=560605.msg3974568#msg3974568
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

It's close enough.

2.0.7 fixed some holiday dates in the calendar.
2.0.13 bumped the max year in the calendar.

Neither of these really count as DB changes. There's no other changes in the DB structure that I can find carried out by updates.

Sir Osis of Liver

I suppose technically the attachments glitch wasn't a db change, it was caused by a security update in index.php -

header('X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff');

Requires a db query to fix it.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

delta5

Ok i cleared out my account and reinstalled 2.0.15. database is set back to 7.0. Everything is back to normal. I installed the same theme as before.  Just one problem so far. I had the SA Instant Messenger installed before and it worked perfectly. Now it is installed, but the tab that used to pop up at the bottom is missing. Would this come back with 7.1?

Kindred

No

If you installed or reinstalled a theme AFTER the mod, the. You have to manually install the mod into tha theme
Слaва
Украинi

delta5

Ok, that's what I was wondering, thanks. Is it me, or does 2.0.15 respond faster with 7.1?

Advertisement: