News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

2.1 Production Question

Started by njtweb, June 19, 2018, 02:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

You know, you could always try it out on a test site.

njtweb

True, I might make a subdomain and do it there.

confuseamuse

Quote from: Arantor on June 20, 2018, 03:02:49 PM
Making Curve2 available for 2.0.15 is a *major* piece of work because it essentially entails rewriting it.

The rest don't sound like huge pieces of work to be redone - bbcode isn't vastly different in 2.1 (it's a little different for PHP 7.2 compatibility)

I read somewhere that 7.2 doesn't work well with 2.0.15 and below. I'm currently running clean installs of .15 and 2.1 and I'm liking the new features. Makes me not want to start a forum with the older software now. Definitely gonna wait until there's a 2.1 production build somewhat (or I just make a live site using the beta against better judgment).

Arantor

Correct, PHP 7.2 will throw quite a lot of errors into the error log as the create_function function has been marked deprecated (and all of SMF 2.0's bbcodes rely on it)

landyvlad

When's the SMF Production version being released?  :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Obviously not a serious question.
I'll go back into the naughty corner now...  O:)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

GigaWatt

Quote from: shawnb61 on May 29, 2018, 10:44:02 PM
We don't do dates.  We're into longer term commitments.   8)

:P
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: