menu left and dropdown menu switch (toggle button)

Started by underscore82, June 19, 2018, 02:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

underscore82

In profile (one in other places on the forum) you can switch from menu (left menu or dropdown menu with toggle button). I know how to delete the togglebar, does anyone know whether I can use both menus (dropdown and left menu)

Arantor

Not without changing the code - it's fundamentally designed to do one or the other, not both at the same time (because then you'd just have two copies of the menu on the page at once)

underscore82

Yes, that's what I want. I want to use the dropdown menu as navigation (mobile responsive). I want to see where the menu left is to place a banner (for the profiles). If I have both visible, I can get everything from the left menu and put my banner script myself.

Does anyone know what to adjust for this in the code?

Arantor

You can't have both visible without rewriting the entire Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php file - it's absolutely designed NOT to work this way. I'm also pretty sure the theme CSS couldn't cope with it properly either and need a partial rewrite for that too.

I'll also note that in 2.1, the left sidebar version was completely removed.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Arantor on June 19, 2018, 02:36:19 PM
I'll also note that in 2.1, the left sidebar version was completely removed.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

It's been 5 years already since that was done - because there were things that couldn't be fixed in it for international users.

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, I know.  I objected 5 years ago, to no avail.  Someone (Antechinus?) posted that it wouldn't be difficult to build a mod that restores sidebar menus, but don't think anyone's tried it.  I'm too ******ing lazy busy to give it a go.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: