List of member's email addresses

Started by arreferee, June 20, 2018, 12:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arreferee

How can I get a list of the email addresses of all the members?  I would like to send out an announcement to all of them, but my host only allows 500 emails per hour so I need to break the distribution list up into groups of 500. 

Arantor

You could use SMF's mail queue to send them gradually rather than 500 at a time, then use the newsletter function to send them through the queue.

Alternatively, getting addresses requires going to the database and if you have EU users, you need to be careful to only get the people who agreed to getting newsletters.

arreferee

Quote from: Arantor on June 20, 2018, 12:20:21 PM
You could use SMF's mail queue to send them gradually rather than 500 at a time, then use the newsletter function to send them through the queue.

Alternatively, getting addresses requires going to the database and if you have EU users, you need to be careful to only get the people who agreed to getting newsletters.

Thanks.  I'll give that a try.

aegersz

if you have access to the command line then i can give you a batch php script that i sometimes use as an automailer (i can cull the list accordingly, that's why i wrote it.

PM me if so.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

But does that take into account preferences from members? This may be necessary for GDPR and CAN-SPAM compliance ;)

Advertisement: