How can I decrease the gap on header section?

Started by harunyam, June 20, 2018, 01:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harunyam

Hi,

How can I decrease the gap on header section?

I have attached a picture of what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

Kindred

please do not bump your posts in less than 24 hours.

Also, please provide us with the useful information that we ask for  in the sticky post so we can help you...

SMF version
URL
theme (looks like the default/curve theme, but please confirm?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

harunyam

hxxp:worldofmodelrailways.org/index.php [nonactive]

SMF 2.0.8

default/curve them

Kindred

well, holy mackerel -- first things first...   you NEED to upgrade. You are 7 versions behind, including some critical security fixes and some functional fixes which could result in your site being broken, if your host upgrades their php (as many hosts are doing)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

the other thing - about your request....    that space is not actually empty.

there is a "shrink" icon present (far right, the image is not visible, but the cursor changes to show a link)
http://worldofmodelrailways.org/Themes/default/images/upshrink.png

second, your biggest issue is that your header image is too big for the available space.
It is pushing everything else down....

you also have another issue in that your site name was apparently set to <blank> which screws many things up, including the alt text for the header image, the html title tag, the linktree/breadcrumbs
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: