I am receiving copies of member's personal messages.

Started by compass75, June 20, 2018, 03:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compass75

I am the administrator of a SMF forum (v 2.0.1.5) and I am receiving sporadic copies of PMs between members in my inbox.  I regard all PMs as confidential and I don't wish to receive copies.  I've asked a couple of members if they are BBC'ing or CC'ing me and they are not.  How can I fix this?

Arantor

What I suspect is happening is your users get the notification of a PM, with its content, and hit reply - which goes to you not your members.

I think the setting you want is Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > General > Don't allow post text in notifications

compass75

Quote from: Arantor on June 20, 2018, 04:00:16 PM
What I suspect is happening is your users get the notification of a PM, with its content, and hit reply - which goes to you not your members.

I think the setting you want is Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > General > Don't allow post text in notifications

Thanks so much for the quick response.  The copies of PMs that I've been receiving have been from my least computer literate users, so this makes sense.  Hopefully, this puts an end to my unintended eavesdropping.

landyvlad

Yeah I've been getting that a bit for the same reason.

I didn't realise that the post text could be excluded from the notifications, FORCING people to go to the forum to read it and reply. That is certainly likely to fix the problem.  I will sort that out on mine.  Thanks !  :)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

sbartelski

Quote from: Arantor on June 20, 2018, 04:00:16 PMWhat I suspect is happening is your users get the notification of a PM, with its content, and hit reply - which goes to you not your members.

I am experiencing the same problem. I checked the setting mentioned above and the box IS CHECKED. And when I look at the email that I receive, I do see the original message in the notification. How do I stop this please?.
Stefan Bartelski
Webmaster for the Cadillac LaSalle Discussion forums

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: