Forum installed plugins by itself?

Started by brettuk, June 21, 2018, 08:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettuk

Hi,

I haven't touched my forum for a couple of weeks, I have just been letting it run, however, today, I check the site and it doesn't look right.

After further investigation, it looks as if all the plugins have been uninstalled.

What caused this? Why would the website change by itself? Sounds crazy I know!

Cheers

njtweb

Quote from: brettuk on June 21, 2018, 08:46:21 AM
Hi,

I haven't touched my forum for a couple of weeks, I have just been letting it run, however, today, I check the site and it doesn't look right.

After further investigation, it looks as if all the plugins have been uninstalled.

What caused this? Why would the website change by itself? Sounds crazy I know!

Cheers

Anybody else an admin? Did you ever have customizing done and give anybody access? Change all passwords maybe?

Illori

Kindred

did you use you're host's automated install process?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Kindred on June 21, 2018, 12:02:40 PM
did you use you're host's automated install process?

^ Some auto installers are configed to auto update by default.  If they upgrade SMF by overwriting all files, mods and customizations are lost.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

brettuk

Ah - that's probably what it is, how do I disable this? via the cPanel?

Kindred

you would have to check with your host.  This would be yet another reason why we recommend users to NEVER use autoinstallers -- use the SMF installer and have control over your upgrades and features
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: