News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

permission to see posts only created by you

Started by Richiii, June 22, 2018, 06:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richiii

Hello! I need to do on a determinated board that users will be able to see only the topics created by themself but mods/admins etc. must see all topics, and also if is possible the sticky topcis can be viewed by everyone.. I found this mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=687 but is completly outdated, there any similar mod updated for 2.0.X ?
thank you!

Kindred

I think you seem to want a help desk rather than a forum for your use case.

Look at the simple desk mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Richiii

I tried that one, but it's a confusing ticket system, I just want to people post on a board where they can see only they own topics but mods and admins can view all topics...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I can think of many good usecases for that, but I'm sadly not aware of any mod that would do that at this time for 2.x.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

The design of SMF makes this difficult on a lot of levels, as it's not just implementing the permission but adding the permission everywhere, including potentially every mod you have.

Invariably the purpose of such a board as you describe is for a help desk type purpose anyway...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yeah, I actually use SimpleDesk myself, as the second best option for my use.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Richiii

Sad  :'(, anyway thank you guys for all your replies and tips!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If this is solved feel free to mark it as solved, otherwise let us know if we can help further somehow. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: