News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Admin Center content not displaying

Started by tnjones, June 22, 2018, 12:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnjones

I somehow managed to break the Admin Center on my forum. I'm not sure how it happened so I'm at a lose as to how to repair it. Our forum is running SMF 2.0.15 with SimplePortal 2.3.6 mod installed. This morning I went into the css to adjust the hex codes for some custom bbcode that colorizes text. Everything was working fine. We have a Discord Titan embed in a sidebar created with SimplePortal blocks, and I was in the Block that creates the container for that Titan embed (I was going to add a button to make the embed collapsible but this issue obviously took precedence). I added a line of code to my index.template.php file through the admin center, then realized I could do the job more simply with boostrap so immediately went back in and deleted the line of code. I annotated the code I inserted very carefully so I knew exactly where it started and where it ended. I was doing this in one browser tab with the Block editor open in a second tab, so I never even hit the edit button for the block since on preview I thought the standard Bootstrap button didn't fit our theme. I went to add some css, but the editable box was completely gone. The preview at top was there, but the box below was not. So took a look around and pretty much all of the info boxes in our Admin Center are gone. Basically only our category and forum bars are showing up in the admin center when using that theme. I'm not sure if it persists for admin in other themes since I can't switch themes from my profile (that box is also gone). This theme is a clone of the current one viewable to all non admin, I just finished doing a huge recolor and a few light coding tweaks last night. Everything was fine then and this morning.

Solutions I have tried: I saved all the files to my laptop last night as a backup. Through my cpanel file manager I deleted the index.php, index.template.php, and index.template.php~ files in this theme and uploaded the backups to see if that might help. It did not, even after a hard refresh to clear my cache. When that failed to work I uploaded the same files from the template this one is based on, which also did not help. On a side note, all of my SimplePortal pages and blocks (from inside the Admin Center) are displaying fine. The site is still functioning. Members can post as usual, and even send messages. The problem seems to be in the Admin Center and Profile sections only. Any ideas what I've done wrong friends?

Pic to show what I'm trying to explain, see how there is no information under SMF Live, etc? The containers and info usually found there are just not showing up!

Illori

click the double << arrow on the right side to bring back the side menu. the top menu is still there if you dont click the arrow.

tnjones

Even when selected from the side menu the content found within those menus is not displaying.

Here is another example from my boards menu. None of the actual forums between the categories are displaying to be moved, have their permissions changed, or be modified. There are several boards between each of these category headers but they are not showing up.

tnjones

I found the issue myself, a stray line of code. Thanks for trying to help.

Advertisement: