News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

error message - reference?

Started by brynn, June 22, 2018, 08:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Oh, did not know that. Good thing then, yes. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

It fixes any login form on the page that it finds by examining the HTML itself and rewriting it on the fly, which is why it works on basically any theme. ;)

brynn

Thanks Lex.  Yes, I understand that part.  I had 2 reasons for saying "speculating".  One is how do we know that the error (the one I'm getting) isn't coming from people using the regular login page? 

And 2nd, I don't understand why everyone seems to be thinking that the error messages I'm getting are the same bug that Illori referenced.  Maybe I'm interpretting the description too literally?  (Although to me, I don't see any part of the description that fits.  Only "login" in general is in common.)

Ok, well I'll disable the block and see what happens.  And I'll download the files and get ready to upgrade.

Thanks again, everyone!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I think we are all just going down a path of eliminating obvious culprits one by one, it may not be that - but you have a good way to find out if it is at least involved, so testing doesn't hurt.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

brynn

Thanks for clarifying, Lex :)

Early indication is that disabling the block is not stopping the error.  I disabled it immediately after I posted my last message (July 12th).  I have one of those errors on July 13th.  But I'm going to let the testing go on a little longer, just to be sure.  After that, I'll still do the upgrades anyway.

brynn

Good news.  That error on the 13th has been the last one.  So I think disabling that block did stop them.

So now I will do the upgrades.  Cross fingers (there's a reason I tend to avoid upgrades).

Thanks again for everyones help!

Advertisement: