Question regarding smf (v2.0.15)

Started by lord alibaski, June 24, 2018, 04:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lord alibaski

This is not a version issue I know that.

The last 6 years or so I have hosted a private forum but this last year or so I have wanted to upload some files to my server and this is where the problem begins. The server I'm on has a 1gb connection which I have tested with speedtest.cl and have seen speeds of 900mb on both down and up.
Will tell you what my hosting and I have done to see we can find the problem.

1st we started with a fresh template I tried several ftp programs all maxed out my upload speed perfectly fine. now this is where the problem begins as soon as my host transferred my data to the new server (I only have smf installed on cpanel) my download and upload speed starts to get limited to 520KiB/s, we remove my cpanel with my data on and the speed is back to normal.

I currently have cpanel looking into this for me but if they don't find anything is there anything in smf that can limit my server speed? or limit download and upload speeds to the public_html folder.

Thanks

lord alibaski

Arantor

SMF has no ability to limit FTP connections or their speed.

lord alibaski

Cheers Arantor I didn't think it could in anyway.

My hosting or Cpanel can't fathom it out why it's happening it's a strange one.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It does sound like a server issue, especially since it is so clearly connected to the changed hardware.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: