News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Image library for the default stars in SMF 2.0.x

Started by GigaWatt, June 25, 2018, 02:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaWatt

Is there an image library for the default stars in SMF 2.0.x with different colors? I know I can edit them, and I did, I just thought there might be ones from the original template used to generate them ;).

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Arantor

I don't believe there is - I don't think the PSDs were ever published.

GigaWatt

It's no big deal anyway, just thought I'd ask ;). I need it for our deceased members (may they rest in peace). I made a purple one by adding color to one of them ;).

The edges look kind of weird... yellowish... that's why I needed the original working files for the stars.

Oh well, as I said, no big deal ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

landyvlad

Maybe choose a unique icon for your deceased members as opposed to using stars at all ?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

GigaWatt

Well, I actually kind of like the new "stars" in 2.0.x. And I wanted all of the members to have kind of the same style badges. And even if I do change the badge/stars to icons to something unique only for deceased members, I have no idea what the design would look like ???. In short, I don't know what to use.

Never mind, I'll just use the one I made.

Arantor

I normally just take the image as it is into GIMP and do a hue change on the whole image, which also fixes the edges. I can try making another image tonight if you like? Note that I'd probably start from the blue or the red image rather than the yellow because the yellow one is a bit smaller.

GigaWatt

Well, that's what I did... I think that I started from the red star and just added some blue (???... have no idea what I did, I'm more into vectors, CorelDraw is my main "image manipulation" tool ::)), as can be seen from the size of the star (it's one of the larger ones, like the ones for mods and admins). But I'm not really that into image editing, I use FastStone Image Viewer to edit any image :D. In most cases, I just need to cut, resize, recompress, etc... nothing major, so I'm not used to working with real image editing programs, like Photoshop or GIMP.

As I said, it's no big deal... if you have some spare time, take a shot at it ;). Maybe make it a litter darker ;). This was my first an only edit of the star... it looked OK when I edited it... afterwards, I realized that a darker purple star might be a better choice.

Advertisement: