SMF Support > SMF 2.1.x Support

What's 'standard' in 2.1 from these mods?

(1/5) > >>

landyvlad:
This is my list of mods, along with my comments as to whether I think the functionality is included.

I'd be happy for any corrections.  When I get 2.1 up and running in due course I want as few mods as possible, while still accomplishing the look/feel/functionality I want.   

Anyway...

@mention members - default inclusion in 2.1
Like Posts - default inclusion in 2.1
Responsive Curve - Curve + this mod = replaced by Curve2

Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize) - ?

Copyright and Footer Links  - ?

"httpBL" and "Stop Spammer" - I don't think that there is built in spam protection of this type in 2.1, but happy to be corrected?

Image Processing Memory Limit - Is this included, or even required in 2.1 ?

Show JDALLAUI in Post and PM - Does SMF2.1 optionally display join date etc like this, or is mod still required?

Sortable Packages (and Installed Time) - is this 'filter' included in 2.1 package manager at all?

Topics Created And Participated In - does 2.1 display these without the need for a mod?

Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag - does 2.1 automatically parse YT links to embed the video?

And these I am confident are NOT included in SMF2.1, other than by mod.
(mods either currently compatible or likely to be updated post 2.1RC)

SMF Post Prefix
Social Login
Country Flags
Google Member Map
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Links
Downloads System
Tapatalk SMF
TinyPortal - obviously not included in 2.1, but latest version is compatible.

Please note that I am not asking whether particular mods are going to be updated etc here. I am simply trying to get my head around what SMF 2.1 can and can't do by default (moreso than what I have been able to figure out from the 'specs' posts).

Thanks for any input people are able to provide.

Arantor:
Sortable Packages should be core now.

Illori:
install SMF 2.1 in a test setup and play with it, then you will get a feel for what has to offer and what mods you may need in the future. a lot of what you want which are mods, are still mods needed for you in SMF 2.1.

GigaWatt:

--- Quote from: landyvlad on June 25, 2018, 10:07:19 PM ---"httpBL" and "Stop Spammer" - I don't think that there is built in spam protection of this type in 2.1, but happy to be corrected?
--- End quote ---

If bots are the only thing that worries you, use this approach, trust me, you'll never have to delete another bot again ;). Used it for months now, not one bot registered, dropped the default captcha, down to one question ;).

--- Quote from: landyvlad on June 25, 2018, 10:07:19 PM ---Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag - does 2.1 automatically parse YT links to embed the video?
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is a default feature now, but only for YouTube videos.

So, as Illori stated, yes, you're going to require most of the mods you already have installed.

landyvlad:
Thank you all for the feedback and tips.

I have a 2.1 test forum just trying to get it to upgrade to beta4...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version