Members waiting for approval - no hint on starting page anymore

Started by JessyKa, June 25, 2018, 08:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessyKa

Hello,
I could not find an according thread so I open this new one.

We just upgraded from 1.1.19 to 2.0.x
Members are approved by the admins.

Anything works fine but one thing:
we were used to having the notification about members waiting for approval just at the starting page where the member information is listed (who was online today, who is online right now...).
We miss this feature allthough there is the notification email, which works fine.

Checked on different themes, no visual hint that there is a new unapproved member.

Any ideas what we mus change to see this feature again?

Thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Actually, there should still be a notification visible for admins.
What theme are you using?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, that's a basic feature in most themes, though it may be in different places.  Do you see it in Curve?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

when you upgrades, did you, perhaps, try to keep using your old 1.1.x theme?

(hint: you can't do that. 1.1.x themes will not run well (if at all) on 2.0.x)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JessyKa

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

No, we did not keep the 1.1.x theme.
We use "Gaming nation" as a new default theme.
But I also tested the effect with curve theme and the notification for new members is not there also.
That's why I put the question here.

Arantor

It's there in an unmodified Curve (see attachment)

I would wonder if there are mods installed that might affect this.

Illori

or if the theme author removed it... some authors do remote it. was it present on this theme in the past?

JessyKa

Arrgh, you are right. In using the curve theme it is there!!! I was so focused on searching it on the bottom information block so I oversaw it in the top.

That was important. Now I know that the standard theme is lacking this feature and I can try to resolve it.

Thanks for your hint!

Arantor

I don't know what theme you were using for 1.1.x but all of the themes that ship with 1.1.x (Babylon, Classic YaBB SE and Core) all have the information in the same place.

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: