News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

updated version of this mod ?

Started by Richiii, July 08, 2018, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richiii

Hello I needs this mod https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=687but is completly outdated, anyone know any similar updated mod ?

-Rock Lee-

I'm not sure at all if you can do that because of the license issue you have ... although on a personal level I think you can edit it.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

vbgamer45

From the author
Quote from: Feldon on August 13, 2013, 08:18:23 PM
Hi folks.  I'm the author of this mod.  In case it wasn't obvious, I wanted to let folks know that I am no longer a user of SMF, and consequently am not planning on updating this mod for SMF 2.0 or any future versions.  I highly encourage you to find another mod, if one exists.  If one doesn't exist, you are welcome to lobby SMF to have this feature added to future versions, or to write your own mod.  (FYI: You are welcome to use my mod as a starting point, but given the significant changes in the way permissions are managed in SMF 2 vs. 1, I expect you will need to start from scratch.)

To answer a couple questions/issues raised below:
a. This mod was a bit of a hack for a small forum site, and may well have a performance impact on larger sites.
b. This mod replaces some specific lines related to topic permissions.  It likely won't work correctly if combined with another topic permissions mod.

Thanks for using my mod.  I enjoyed writing it, and I'm glad some other people were able to make use of it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

also -- almost any time this sort of thing is requested, the truth is that the SimpleDesk mod is more appropriate.

Richiii,

WHY do you feel that you need individual permissions per topic?
That pretty much is contrary to the entire permissions system in SMF itself.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: